Letter of Authority
A “Letter of Authority” is a document which allows Business Energy Shop to act on your behalf.
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to confidentiality and this document is essential in order to allow us to access data related to your energy supplies. Energy suppliers will not provide us access to basic information regarding your electricity and gas accounts unless we provide this document to them.
We would typically request the following information, which is critical in order to understand your energy requirements and provide you a suitable quote.
- Your electricity MPAN and gas MPR
- Your electricity and gas rates
- Your electricity and gas consumption
- Your electricity and gas contract status and when does it end
- And any planned electricity and gas price hikes planned by your current suppliers
This document also gives us the right to terminate an existing contract with your current supplier. We may do this if we believe your contract will automatically “roll over” on to higher prices and you risk becoming trapped in a rollover contract.
It is good to remember it is a standard practice by energy suppliers to rollover contracts.